JOB TITLE: Residential Family Support Worker
Registered Manager in their absence Centre Social worker.
The core purpose of the role is to ensure that all children and their families who work with the centre’s, remain safe and have improved outcomes because of the provision of high-quality assessments and support.
These teams will provide parenting assessment. The team will assess children and their careers and the risk and protective factors facing the families that have resulted in them needing a targeted parenting assessment.
The post holder will provide high standards of care, assessment and support for families who are involved with the centre. You will work alongside qualified social workers to ensure a high quality and fair assessment is provided for all families. You will be involved in making significant recommendations in children and families lives such as whether children should be placed in Local Authority Care.
To work as a member of the team in the provision of care and support services for people with behaviours that may challenge, which aims to maximise the potential of individuals in line with ordinary life principles.
May be required to take charge of the service in absence of the Senior and Managers.
SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to people with emotional & challenging behaviours & learning difficulties.
- A commitment to a service which provides support to vulnerable individuals, and which is respectful and according to the individuals’ wishes
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively with residents, colleagues, family members, Managers, and other persons with a legitimate interest in the project
- Commitment to training and development
- Flexible and innovative approach to working
- Knowledge of care planning systems
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Qualified to NVQ / Diploma Level 3 in children and young people or equivalent. (or willing to undertake the qualification)
- Commitment to the aims & objectives of Northridge Care Group Limited.
- Self-motivation and flexibility.
- Knowledge and commitment regarding Equal Opportunities.
- A commitment to undertake training and development as required.
- Honesty, reliability, and trustworthiness.
- Commitment to Equality & Diversity as part of your role.
- Car driver, willing to use own car as required.
- To be the allocated keywork/assessor of complex parenting assessments with a high degree of personal accountability and discretion, undertaking one-to one and co-work, working closely alongside other key lead professionals and other partner agencies to deliver best practice through an integrated response.
- To provide fast and flexible response to families who might be in crisis during the period of their assessment. This may involve crisis management, mediation, conflict resolution and rapid response support to families, to reduce and prevent the risk of family breakdown.
- To develop, encourage and reinforce positive behaviour through working with the families to address elements of their risky behaviour to reduce risk to the children.
- To develop programs and plans of assessment and intervention for high risk and vulnerable children and families. To be flexible and adaptable in your approach to assessments of families who have a multitude of high-risk factors impacting on their daily functioning.
- To carry out agreed plans of work with families living in the centre.
- To promote evidence-based practice in direct work with families and the use of evidence-based parenting assessment programs.
- To maintain appropriate statutory and administrative records for children, and residents. All written work should be of a high standard, some of which will need to be presented in Child and Family Court.
- To apply effective assessment and management of risk, taking appropriate action to ensure that the children and families remain safe.
- Assess and monitor risk for residents and their children and take responsibility for informing the appropriate line manager where necessary.
- To work in partnership and closely liaise with colleagues from other agencies in the statutory, voluntary and community sectors to ensure a high standard of service to families.
- To attend and contribute to planning and review meetings, Core and TAC meetings, CP Case Conferences and court as required.
- To undertake specific tasks for absent colleagues on cases requiring action under the direction of the manager/ assistant manager.
- To participate in regular, reflective, and structured case and personal supervision sessions in accordance with company procedures. You will also be expected to participate in learning and discussions (including team meetings) concerning the continued development of the service and how we can best meet the changing needs of the families we work with.
- To undertake responsibility for certain tasks both with cases and within the Family Centre setting and the building to ensure a smooth running and effective service is always provided.
- To understand you will be required to work unsociable hours (including weekends and evenings and bank holidays) on a pre-determined shift rota.
- Workers will be required to manage a high level of risk and vulnerable families in the setting, sometimes without managers on site (out of core office hours).
- To understand and comply with Ofsted specific regulations and standards.
- keep records of day to day running of the house using diary, logbook & daily report sheets on individual families
- write reports on computer for reviews, court, end of placement etc. as appropriate
- attend case conferences, reviews, planning meetings as required
- attend court hearings & give evidence when appropriate
- In consultation with Manager or Deputy, liaise with outside agencies to make use of resources available in the community to enhance work with parents & children
- Participate in Staff and house meetings as and when required. Maintain appropriate records as directed
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Senior/Managers, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a resident or their baby/ child, colleague, self or another.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Northridge Care Group Ltd Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures. Follow and undertake risk assessments
- Report to the Senior/Managers and the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment, or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within Northridge Care Group.
- Assist the Senior/Managers in reviews of service delivery standards, and in developing best policy and practice that meets resident’s needs. Undertake monthly quality audit on specific services
- Carry out administrative tasks as and when required.
- Make Visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of Northridge Care Group Limited.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties as stated in the confidentiality policy and Data protection policy.
- Notify the On Call / Senior / Managers, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty.
- Ensure the security of Northridge Care Group Ltd.’s houses is always maintained.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list: Northridge Care Group Ltd reserve the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with Northridge Care Group Ltd, the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.